Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Oregon of the NFL? Possible New Broncos Jersey Designs

After another Super Bowl loss in orange jerseys, the Denver Broncos are rumoured to have some new jerseys on the way, courtesy of Nike. For the full report, see Mile High Report's post on the rumours here. While the Broncos have denied the rumours, they're certainly interesting, and fun to play around with, so that's exactly what I did. Here are some potential new jersey designs for the Broncos that I played around with. The website I used was a fairly generic jersey design site, so there aren't any official Broncos logos on here. Also, the helmets and socks could only be one solid colour, but ideally with any of these jerseys, I'd like to see the old "D" logo (above left) on the side of the helmets, and maybe a stripe or two up the middle. Now, without further adieu, my new Broncos jersey brainstorms: 

The Blues: For some reason, unbeknownst to me, some people have it out for the current Broncos blue jersey; personally, I love it. If the current blue jersey became the standard home jersey, I would have zero problems with it; however, here are some ideas of how the blue jersey could be changed. Of the three of the blue jerseys pictured above, I definitely like the white helmet look the best. There's been a picture of a prototype design going around the Internet, which includes white helmets, and for some reason I particularly like it. I love the Cowboys and Bills white helmets, and I think they look pretty sharp with the Broncos colours. In general, as you can see, I'd like to see more white used in Denver's dark jerseys. Unintentionally, the three jerseys above are left-to-right in the order of my favourite to least favourite. 


The Whites: Since the team will need a home and away, I whipped up some potential away designs with white as the primarily colour. The current whites are a bore to me, and definitely could use a touch-up. Personally, I prefer the white helmets again in this situation, but I'm unsure of whether I like the furthest left, with the white cage, or the furthest right, with the orange cage. Regardless, I'm a fan of all three of these jerseys.




"The Oregon of the NFL": I know this design is pretty far-fetched, BUT, the original rumour of new jerseys for the Broncos was that Nike wanted to make them the "Oregon of the NFL". Personally, I think these would be really cool alternate jerseys, but I'm sure they're not for everyone, especially people who are in love with the blue.

The (Gross) Old Schools: Some people in Broncos Country want the brown and yellow throwbacks that Denver wore in 2010 to make another appearance; I don't. This particular remake with those alternate colours (pictured right) isn't horrible, but it's not good by any means, and I'd like those throwbacks to stay as far away as possible.

T

The Oranges: As I said above, I'm all for adding more white to the primary dark jerseys, whether that is blue or orange. Here, again, the white helmets look sharp, but so do the orange ones. Now that I've seen it once though, I'm kind of stuck on the whole white helmet idea, and I'm completely in favour of making the helmet white permanently.



The Broncos jersey rumours are exactly that, just rumours, but playing around with jerseys for any team is pretty fun. While I have nothing wrong with the current Denver uniforms, I truly wouldn't mind any of these designs being thrown into the mix (minus the brown and yellow throwbacks). What do you think? Send me a tweet @jacobdearlove with your favourite and least favourite of these hypothetical designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment